Hire – Frequently Asked Questions
ECH can offer one-way hires from :
- Exmouth – Perth
- Exmouth – Geraldton
- Exmouth – Monkey mia * extra conditions apply upon this request.
*A $1000 fee applies.
An explanation on how our one way fee calculates.
Exmouth Camper Hire is a family owned and operated company based in Exmouth, so does not have any depots in other towns or capital cities.
ECH will always try to accommodate everyones holiday request along with cover what it costs us to go collect the unit (domestic flights, travel time, fuel, wear & tear, accommodation).
Drop off times can be arranged to suit both parties and the customer does need to be present to hand over keys at the end location.
A current and full motor vehicle driver’s licence is required and must be produced upon vehicle collection. Should a foreign licence be in a language other than English, it must be accompanied by an accredited English translation.
The translation must be provided by an authorised translation service or a diplomatic representative at a high commission, embassy or consulate, or the authority that issued your overseas licence (an International Driving Permit may be acceptable as a translation if in English).
Drivers must be 21 years of age or over. There is no maximum age as long as you have a valid driver’s licence.
- Vehicles are charged at a nightly rate, not a daily Rate.
- The first 4 nights (min hire period) are capped at a premium.
- Nights after 4 are discounted by up to 50%, so the rate balances out to benefit the longer hires.
- IE, Camping Van Rate : 4 nights @ $575 ($143), 7 nights @ $785 ($112/night), 10 nights @ $995 ($99.50/night)
A deposit is an amount that secures your Camper on the dates you have requested upon availability.
No hire is secure without a 20% deposit paid.
- We accept Visa or Master Credit cards over the phone during WA office hours.
- A Direct Deposit into our account is also encouraged if familiar with Australia Internet banking.
- OR a Pay Pal money request can be emailed, extra fees apply.
- A customer can also email on credit card details over an email, however, this is not encouraged.
Visa or Master Cards only.
- Cancellations under 60 days prior to pick up, ECH will retain 100% of the deposit.
- Cancellations 60+ days prior to pick up – 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
- If cancelled on the day of pick up or no show, the customer is liable for the balance due of hire.
- Alterations; cancelled nights will be subject to the above conditions.
- Changes to hire dates are subject to availability.
Exmouth Camper Hire does not offer refunds for early returns.
This Quick Quote is an indication of a costing for the customer who is shopping for their Camper to suit budgets and holiday type.
A request for a comprehensive quote for specific dates is then sent from the customer to our office for Emma to check on availability and itemise accordingly.
Exmouth Camper Hire deals directly with each customer upon confirmation of a booking.
Exmouth Camper Hire does not have any international accounts just an Australia Bank Account.
We can send a money request through PayPal, however, extra charges apply depending on the amount and PalPal surcharge.
The balance is due upon pick up of your Camper Van unless you wish to pay off in advance.
We accept payment via Visa or Master Credit card, Eftpos, or Cash.
No, not upon pick up unless it is a Sunday or public holiday. All extra charges are known to the customer before pick up.
High-Density Camp mattress, 2 x single flat sheets, personal towel, beach towel, face washer, pillow, single doona, camp chair, snorkelling sets, extra cooking & eating utensils.
A bond is an amount held on a Credit Card in security for us (ECH) while you hire our Camper.
Credit card details are retained by Exmouth Camper Hire in the event of any further charges encumbered by Exmouth Camper Hire, IE, traffic infringements – for a period of up to 1 year.
An email will proceed any charges to the Bond.
The Bond has to be a Visa OR Master Credit card and the Cardholder must be present to sign.
Cash is not accepted for a Bond.
The excess on all Campers is $3500 and is charged to the Bond in the event of a claim.
Sorry, we do NOT offer reductions in our insurance excess.
However, request all customers look into their own travel insurance to cover the excess along with windscreen damages.
Australia Comprehensive Car Insurance with a $3500 excess, excluding any night driving (sunset to sunrise) & water damage.
4×4 Roof Top Tent Camper includes off road insurance providing ECH conditions have been adhered to.
To cover our excess travel insurance is highly recommended, check for Camper Van Excess cover – Off Road excess cover for 4×4 Roof Top Tent Camper.
- Sunday pick up: $50
- Sunday drop off: $35
- Public Holiday Pick-up: $50
- Public Holiday Drop off: $35
- PayPal surcharges depend on amount processed
- Extra pax: $75/hire
- Excess kms: 35 cents per km
- Extra cleaning charges: $50/hour (only if Camper is not up to standard upon drop off)
- Tyre charge: if you go on a restricted road and damage a tyre, you are to replace the tyre with the identical brand.
- Tiolet Canister not emptied and rinsed out upon drop off: $250
- Key recovery: $250, plus km charge.
- One way fees: depends on location of drop off
No not without hire of a Camper Van & only up to each seating capacity.
- Baby Seat: $35/hire
- Booster seat: $20/hire
- Porto Cot: $35/hire