Hire – Frequently Asked Questions
ECH can offer one-way hires from :
- Exmouth – Perth
- Exmouth – Geraldton * Conditions apply
- Exmouth – Monkey Mia * Conditions apply.
* A One Way fee is from $1000-$1200 depending on which Camper you hire.
An explanation on how our one way fee calculates.
Exmouth Camper Hire is a family owned and operated company based in Exmouth, so does not have any depots in other towns or capital cities.
ECH will always try to accommodate everyones holiday request along with cover what it costs us to go collect the unit (domestic flights, travel time, fuel, wear & tear, extra nights the Campers out of hire, accommodation).
Perth Drop off is at Burns Beach Caravan Park, just north of Perth city by 6pm on the day, so you can make the most of the last days holiday.
A current and full motor vehicle driver’s licence is required and must be produced upon vehicle collection. Should a foreign licence be in a language other than English, it must be accompanied by an accredited English translation.
The translation must be provided by an authorised translation service or a diplomatic representative at a high commission, embassy or consulate, or the authority that issued your overseas licence (an International Driving Permit may be acceptable as a translation if in English).
For all vehicles other then the Camping Van, Drivers must be 25 years of age or over. There is no maximum age as long as you have a valid driver’s licence.
Camper Van & Motor Homes : 4 Nights.
Echidna Pod Camper Trailer : 3 nights.
- Vehicles are charged at a nightly rate, not a daily Rate.
- The first 4 nights (min hire period) are capped at a premium.
- Nights after 4 are discounted by up to 40%, so the rate balances out to benefit the longer hires.
- So just like staying in a hotel, a short stay is premium and longer stay cheaper.
A deposit is an amount that secures your Camper on the dates you have requested upon availability.
No hire is secure without a 20% deposit paid.
- We accept Visa or Master Credit cards over the phone during WA office hours.
- A Direct Deposit into our account is also encouraged if familiar with Australia Internet banking OR International banking (Fees apply for an international bank transfer)
- Pay Pal money request can be emailed, extra fees apply.
- A customer can also email on credit card details over an email, however, this is not encouraged.
Visa or Master Cards only.
- Cancellations under 60 days prior to pick up, ECH will retain 100% of the deposit.
- Cancellations 60+ days prior to pick up – 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
- If cancelled on the day of pick up or no show, the customer is liable for the balance due of hire.
- Alterations; cancelled nights will be subject to the above conditions.
- Changes to hire dates are subject to availability.
- If a hire is altered twice, then cancelled, no deposit is refunded.
Exmouth Camper Hire does not offer refunds for early returns.
This Quick Quote is an indication of a costing for the customer who is shopping for their Camper to suit budgets and holiday type.
A request for a comprehensive quote for specific dates is then sent from the customer to our office for Emma to check on availability and itemise accordingly.
Exmouth Camper Hire deals directly with each customer upon confirmation of a booking.
We can send Our AUS and International banking details to a customer OR a money request via PayPal
Extra charges apply to use Pay Pal & International Bank Transfer.
This fee is depends on the amount.
The balance is due upon pick up of your Camper Van unless you wish to pay off in advance.
We accept payment via Visa or Master Credit card, Eftpos, or Cash.
No, not unless you have broken the law.
High-Density Camp mattress, 2 x single flat sheets, personal towel, beach towel, face washer, pillow, single doona, camp chair, snorkelling sets, extra cooking & eating utensils.
The Bond amount is pre approved though our onsite merchant facility at pick up via a visa or master credit card then held for up to 14 days after drop off.
An email notification will let the customer know once the Bond amount has been credited – all gone well.
Customers will be notified of any deductions taken from this via email.
For security purposes, only a credit card can be used to provide a Bond.
The credit card holder must be present and able to sign for the Bond upon vehicle collection.
The credit card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the vehicle.
Excess (Bond) :
$1000 : Echidna Pod Camper.
$5000 : Hi-Top Camper Vans, Camping Vans.
$7500 : Luxury 2 Berth Motor Home, Motor Home, 4×4 Roof Top Tent Camper.
Sorry, we do NOT offer reductions in our insurance excess.
However, request all customers look into their own travel insurance to cover the excess along with windscreen damages.
Any damage to the Camper is covered first by the Bond then the rest of covered by insurance, unless our conditions have been breeched.
IE, driving out of town limits after 5pm, driving though any bodies of water (fresh or salt), driving between sunset and sunrise, speeding, drink driving, driving on an unsealed road over 3 kms (2WD Campers), etc…
To cover our excess travel insurance is highly recommended, check for Camper Van Excess cover – Off Road excess cover for 4×4 Roof Top Tent Camper.
- Saturday/Sunday pick up: $50
- Saturday/Sunday drop off: $35
- Public Holiday Pick-up: $50
- Public Holiday Drop off: $35
- PayPal surcharges depend on amount processed
- Internation Bank Transfer depending on the country and amount ($10-$20)
- Extra pax: $75/hire
- Excess kms: 35 cents per km
- Extra cleaning charges: $50/hour (only if Camper is not up to standard upon drop off)
- Tyre charge: if you go on a restricted road and damage a tyre, you are to replace the tyre with the identical brand.
- Tiolet Canister not emptied and rinsed out upon drop off: $250
- Key recovery: $250, plus km charge.
- One way fees: depends on location of drop off
- Replacement of damaged items.
- Any damage done to the Camper/Motor Home/Pod during your hire.
- Credit card surcharge upon paying for any repairs or Bond. This fee is calculated on the merchant fee we are charged for that month.
- Postage : returning of personal items.
No not without hire of a Camper Van & only up to each seating capacity.
- Baby Seat: $40/hire
- Booster seat: $20/hire
- Porta Cot: $40/hire